Orthodontic Services You Can Trust
With a range of orthodontic treatment options from the office of Dr. Paul C. Perry, we can help you achieve a bright, beautiful smile that will last a lifetime. From regular orthodontic checkups to applying a variety of braces; our team will provide you with the quality of care you deserve.
Services we offer include, but are not limited to:
3M® Clarity Advanced Ceramic Braces
Clarity™ Ceramic Braces work like metal braces. Only better, because they blend in with your teeth for a great look. They are a perfect combination of strength and beauty.
- Translucent, designed to blend in with your teeth
- Small and smooth for your comfort
- Smile all you want, there’s no staining
- Clarity braces are trusted and used by orthodontists worldwide
- More than 1 million patients have been treated with Clarity braces
The Metal Braces act and function like traditional braces, but are smaller and more comfortable. These braces:
- Are smaller for a more comfortable wear
- Have high bond strength
- Offer a unique natural curvature that creates maximum contact
- Has a smooth finish which makes the feel better on the patient's lips and gums
Clear Correct is a system that straightens teeth without the use of traditional braces. A series of clear plastic aligners are utilized to create tooth movement. Moving teeth with removable aligners is not new, it is the computer program that generates a series of aligners with small changes that is new.
Along with the American Association of Orthodontists, we recommend that a child receive their first orthodontic evaluation by the age of 7. Early interceptive orthodontic treatment has proven to be beneficial for the overall desired result and not only saves you and your child time, but also money. Because a young child’s permanent teeth have not finished erupting, we are able to thoroughly evaluate and address any impending issues at this early stage.
By starting treatment early, we are able to recognize potential problems and correct them before they become more serious. During your child’s initial evaluation we will first determine if there are any problems, such as crowding, overbite, open bite, etc. At this visit, Dr. Perry will decide if immediate treatment is necessary or not. If treatment is indicated, we will create a customized treatment plan for your child that will provide the most efficient and beneficial results for his/her case.
2 Phase Treatment
This orthodontic approach has two treatment phases often separated with observation time in between while more permanent teeth erupt.
Goals of Phase I include:
- A good skeletal base is established upon which the teeth can develop
- Additional space for the development of crowded teeth is established
- Eliminate etiological factors (thumb/finger sucking, tongue thrust, lip entrapment)
- Teeth that are developing into the wrong position are managed
Phase II of treatment starts after all baby teeth are lost. This phase to align teeth generally takes about 12-18 months. Phase II is a separate investment from the Phase I fee. Bite correction, tooth positioning, root paralleling, and other important aspects are achieved during this stage of treatment.